2011年1月26日 星期三

My Japanese PROJECT 1

I love reading Japanese fashion magazines, especially NON-NO.
But usually I just look at the pictures instead of reading the words because I can't read hiragana and katakana.
but now I start reading the word and try to guess some of the meaning. It's quite interesting because I found out that in the fashion magazine, they us a lot of katakana.
for examples: 




ワンピ= ONE PIECE
Lots of people even they are not Japanese, they will still buy these kind of Japanese fashion magazines to read. It’s because we want to follow the fashion of Japan.
They use katakana, its easy for me to read and understand.
I think it's because one piece this word is come from English. And also, Japan loves the fashion in the UK.





The others example, カーデガ= Cardigan

 

 In this picture, they use 漢字 to emphasis the word (popular). It's more clear and understand easily  to the people who doesn't know Japanese.







4 則留言:

  1. wow helen^^ eventually see ur post.

    ** カーデ = cardigan

    回覆刪除
  2. It is very interesting to hear that many people in Hong Kong buy non-no without understanding Japanese!!! But, it makes sense since the fashion magazine contains a lot of pictures!!

    回覆刪除
  3. Helen san,
    Woww... That's great! I like reading Japanese fashion magazine too ^^ I like vivi and ray.
    Thanks for you sharing(:

    回覆刪除
  4. ELLEN san,
    hahaha~~~
    I think lots of HK girls read these Japanese fashion magazines even they can't read Japanese :)

    Actually, the girl who's on the cover is my favourite girl, called Mikiko Yano 矢野未希子
    I love her so much ^_^

    回覆刪除